We have learned of many changes and have great news in regards to Xander's recovery:
- WBC: 3.5
- ANC: 2.9
- CMV Undetectable, Foscarnet moved to once a day for 3 more weeks
- No more daily Nupigen shots (had since March 15th)
- Completely off of protonix
- Moved to oral Kytril (instead of IV)
- Completely off of Tacrolimus (had since March 15th)
- May 23rd (Friday) was the first day in 23 days that he did not need a platelet transfusion!!
- He again, made it 2 days without a platelet transfusion (today!)
- We met with the DISCHARGE nurse!! Plans are being made for his discharge date.
- He gets his double lumen broviac out this week! (leaving single lumen for IV needs, so he doesn't have to be poked)
- Today was the first day he got to have raw vitamins and calcium again (he was taking this at home).
This is a lot for us to process right now! The responsibility of having Xander at home is huge and will put a big (but welcome) stress on our family. The move home is a big one, but we have a really great support system in place (thanks to ALL of those lovely people in our lives).
We are so THANKFUL to be heading in the right direction. We pray that this cures Xander forever!
~Peace and Love~
This is WONDERFUL news! I will continue to keep praying for your family.ReplyDelete
Tears of joy!ReplyDelete
Great news, so glad for all of you.ReplyDelete
Yes! So many cells! :)ReplyDelete
Love, Rachel Kozminski
Wow! We are speechless! (That doesn't happen too often!)ReplyDelete
That is awesome! I'm so happy for Xander and the rest of you.ReplyDelete